Eyelash extensions are one of the hottest trends today for Hollywood celebrities including the Kardashian sisters, and other glam gals just like you. But if you want to get the type of thick, full lashes you see gracing the covers of fashion magazines, you will need to use some form of eyelash extensions.
There are faux lashes with glue that you can buy at the store, professional extensions, and new magnetic eyelashes, called One Two Lash.
If you have never worn false eyelashes before there is A LOT you may not know about getting eyelash extensions.
If you are a first time fashionista interested in getting eyelash extensions, here is everything you need to know:
* There are different types. When it comes to eyelash extensions, not all lashes are created equal. Traditionally, there used to only be one kind of fake eyelash kit, and it was 100% synthetic all the way down to the toxic adhesive glue it contained. Today, you can choose from three different kinds of eyelash extensions including synthetic, silk, and mink. The lengths of false lashes also vary today, and range from 6mm to 17mm.
* There are a range of looks & styles. For people who desire a more natural look, there are individual lashes that can be applied to each section of your lash line in order to “beef up,” the fullness of your lashes. Then again, for a bolder look there are full-length eyelash extensions that attach at both corners of your eyelid to cover the entire area of your natural lashes. If you crave a more dramatic look there are also customized styles of fake lashes that include winged, accents, ultra-thick, and even glitter to help you achieve the signature style you’re after.
* It takes a little time. If you want to add eyelash extensions to your look, you’ll need to be prepared to set aside at least 2 hours to apply the full set. A half set of eyelash extensions takes less time, and can be a more economical alternative for those looking for a dramatic effect, and less of a natural look. If you are only in need of a touch-up (a process to maintain professionally set lash extensions), you can count on visiting the lash salon every 2 – 3 weeks for the same amount of time (about 2 hours).
* It may be slightly irritating. No matter what type of eyelash extension you decide to get, be prepared for the irritation of the application process. At home this can include burning from getting drops of adhesive on your skin, dripping into the delicate eye area, or even pulling the falsies away from your natural lashes, which can be painful, and damaging to your eyes.
One study revealed that improper application of fake eyelash extensions was associated with a range of eye problems including chronic inflammation, allergies, redness, and even hemorrhaging in the eye.1
In professional lash extension studios, it is very common for people getting the lashes applied to become restless, require a break during the process, or even shed a few tears.
* You may need to adjust them. After you have gotten eyelash extensions successfully applied, you may have to continue to make slight adjustments to the lashes. These tiny tweaks can include everything from adding lash enhancers like clear, or black mascara to them for a bolder look, curling them, or even trimming them with textured scissors to ensure a realistic appearance. For false glam lashes applied by an eyelash extension specialist, remember that you’ll need to make a series of follow-up appointments for every full set of falsies you get.
* Removal is a process of its own. When you are ready to take off your eyelash extensions, it may take you up to 30 minutes. And it could also be a little painful, and even damaging to your own natural eyelashes if you do not take great care in how you approach the removal process. For beginners, you may want to see a lash specialist to learn the proper removal technique. Otherwise you may risk damaging your own natural lashes. This may include everything from breakage, to accidentally tearing out any number of your own natural lash sections.
* They are pretty durable. False eyelash extensions are pretty durable, except for during the 12-24 hour period right after you get them applied. During that time, you may want to avoid showering with them on as it can damage the strength of the adhesive, and cause them to fall off prematurely. However, after the time has passed, you can shower, swim, and enjoy any of your favorite everyday activities without making any additional accommodations.
One Two Lashes: The BEST Eyelash Extensions for Every Glam Gal
Adding eyelash extensions to your look can really amp up your style – and nobody has to know they aren’t real! But not all false lashes are created equal. The BEST eyelash extensions are (without a doubt) One Two Lash, because they eliminate any potential problems that come along with applying, wearing, maintaining, or removing conventional fake eyelashes.
Made with an exclusive micro-magnetic technology, One Two Lash can be applied in just seconds, and all without the fuss, or pain of glue adhesives! Here’s how simple, and easy it is to apply One Two Lash:
To apply One Two Lashes:
* Remove the top lash from the box (the one without the red dot), and hold it just above the top lash line of your eye.
* Align the corner edges of the One Two Lash with the edges of your eye’s natural lash line, and set the lash down.
* As the top One Two Lash rests on your natural lashes, remove the bottom lash from the One Two Lash box (the one with the red dot).
* Pick it up, and align the edges of the bottom One Two Lash with the bottom corners of your natural lash line. Then the micro-magnets will meet together, and sandwich your natural lashes between the One Two Lashes.
* After that, you may need to blink a few times to secure the position of your One Two Lashes.
Removal of One Two Lashes is even easier!
Simply take the soft pads of your index finger, and thumb, and gently slide the One Two Lashes away from each other. Voilà!
One Two Lash kits are available in 3 different styles for any type of bold lash look!
* Original Lash. Made to bring your eyes to life with a naturally beautiful, long, and thick look, the Original One Two Lash is ideal for everyday wear, and a fast transition from daytime to evening.
* Bold Lash. The Bold One Two Lash is for the ultra-glam gal who is ready, and willing to make a daring statement. Designed with an adventurously long length, and ultra-glamorous look, the Bold Lash is not for the fair weather fashionista.
* Accent Lash. When you need something that is subtly flirty, reach for the Accent One Two Lash! This false lash set includes lashes that curl up just slightly at the edges of your eye for a more sexy, mysterious look.
If you are a glam gal looking for the best eyelash extensions, you’ve found them! One Two Lashes are hands down better than all other types of fake lashes. With One Two Lashes there are not sharp tools, no lash “specialists,” no pinching or pulling, and they apply in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Take your lash look to the next level. It’s as easy as One Two Lash!
1. Amano Y, Sugimoto Y. Ocular disorders due to eyelash extensions. Cornea. 2012 Feb;31(2):121-5.